Street Scenes of Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Schaffhausen is a charming medieval town located in the northernmost canton of Switzerland, bordering Germany to the north. It sits on the banks of the Rhine River and is famous for its picturesque medieval old town, which features narrow cobblestone streets, historic buildings, and colourful markets. It offers many opportunities for street photography. Here are some tips for photographing street scenes in Schaffhausen. Plus, a selection of selected pictures I took during a trip to Switzerland in 2013.
Schaffhausen offers many subjects for street photography. These include a vibrant cultural scene, festivals, concerts, and other events throughout the year.
One tip for photographing street scenes in Schaffhausen is to explore the Old Town. It features many beautiful buildings and narrow streets perfect for capturing the town’s charm and character.
IWC Watch Museum
The International Watch Company (IWC) Museum is also located in Schaffhausen and showcases the history and craftsmanship of this Swiss luxury watch manufacturer.
The museum houses a wide range of exhibits, including over 250 watches and clocks, which span the company’s more than 150-year history. Visitors can explore the development of IWC’s various watch families, such as the Portugieser, Pilot’s Watches, Ingenieur, Aquatimer, and Da Vinci.
In addition to the watches, the museum also features interactive exhibits that allow visitors to learn more about the engineering and design behind IWC’s timepieces.
Tips for Photographing Street Scenes of Schaffhausen
- Schaffhausen is a small town with many distinct neighbourhoods, each with its unique charm. Take the time to explore different areas to find locations for your street photos.
- The Swiss town has a rich history and has many beautiful old buildings and structures. Look for interesting architectural details to capture in your street scenes.
- Moreover, Schaffhausen has beautiful natural light, especially in the early morning and late afternoon. Remember, light and shadow patterns create visually striking street photos.
- Schaffhausen’s street life is lively. There are plenty of people and activities to capture in your photos. Thus, look for interesting characters and moments that tell a story and capture the town’s essence.
- Lastly, take the time to explore the town and wait for the right moment to take that perfect shot. With some patience and persistence, you can capture some truly stunning photos of street scenes that showcase the beauty and charm of Schaffhausen.
Overall, Schaffhausen is a beautiful and charming destination that offers many opportunities for street photographers to capture its unique atmosphere and beauty.
Street Scenes of Schaffhausen: Selected Pictures
I photographed the street scenes of Schaffhausen below during a trip to the IWC watch museum in 2013.
Canon EOS 5D camera with a 24-105mm lens.
Did you enjoy this blog post? If so, please like and share. Thank you!